This is by far one of the most efficient tools for Sample Preparation. The latest generation of broad ion beam milling systems with improved milling speed. The IM4000Plus Ion Milling System utilizes a broad, low-energy Ar+ ion beam milling method to produce wider, undistorted cross-section milling or flat milling, without applying mechanical stress to the sample.
The state-of-the-art equipment with special features such as:
- Faster milling with improved ion optics (> 500 μm/h at 6 kV)
- Intermittent milling process for heat dissipation when handling thermally sensitive materials
- Improved cryo operation with precise temperature control (cooling model)
- Higher precision of mask position alignment for site specific cross-section milling
- Wide milling area using flat milling
CROSS SECTION MILLING