Electron microscope image quality is greatly improved by the removal of hydrocarbon (H/C) contamination from microscope chambers and from specimen mounts, specimen holders, and the specimens themselves. XEI Scientific developed the Evactron De-Contaminator to clean microscope chambers of their residual H/C contamination. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber extends the ability to pre-clean specimens, specimen mounts, and holders with the proven downstream plasma ashing process before examination in the chamber, thus insuring high image quality. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber can also be used as a specimen storage system, keeping samples in a clean environment. The downstream plasma process used in the Evactron SoftClean Chamber is gentle, yet very effective at removing H/C contamination. Sputter etching by other plasma cleaners can damage specimens through exposure to energetic ions and heat. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber uses reactive gas radicals to remove H/C from specimen surfaces by chemical etch, preserving critical sample fine structure. This downstream etching process breaks down problematic H/C residues into smaller molecules such as CO2, H2O and CO, which are easily pumped out of the chamber.
• Benchtop Plasma Cleaning
• Chamber dimensions 8.5” (216 mm) diameter x 5 .5” (140 mm) height
• 4 KF 40 and 1 KF 16 vacuum mounting flanges with manual shut-off valve for vacuum port
• Adaptor flanges for all major manufacturers of TEM sample holders available
• 1 venting port and a Plated Aluminum lid with 5.5″ diameter glass viewing port
• Just use air for oxygen radicals, or use other gases for alternative plasma processes
• Shipping — 12 lb (6 kg)
Each model of the Evactron® SoftClean™ Chamber also comes with a free 5-year warranty (must return to factory for repair).