XEI Scientific Plasma Cleaner
Showing all 6 results
Evactron® Model 25 De-Contaminator
This convenient tabletop model easily removes atmospheric hydrocarbons and carbon contamination from SEMs, FIBs, and other vacuum chambers. The Evactron 25 De-Contaminator uses a remote RF plasma to produce gas-phase radicals that flow downstream through the chamber, eliminating contamination.
Over 2,000 users of the Evactron De-Contaminator system report no X-ray window failures.
• Used on nearly all makes and models of electron microscopes
• Start cleaning by using chamber vent and evacuation controls
• Preset pressure, power and time settings from front panel or computer interface
• Just use air for oxygen radicals, or use other gases for alternative plasma processes
• Advanced plasma detection logic
• Cleaning and error logs record use history and aid troubleshooting
• Electronic chassis: H, W, D: 5.5” x 9.375” x 9.75” (14 x 24 x 25 cm)
• RF Power: 5-20 Watts at 13.56 MHz
• KF 40 vacuum mounting flange, adapter flanges available
• 90-250 VAC 50/60 Hz input
• Shipping— 16 lb. (8 kg.)
The Evactron® Model 25 De-Contaminator also comes with a free 5-year warranty (must return to factory for repair).
Evactron® Model E50 Plasma De-Contaminator™
The Evactron E50 De-Contaminators are compact, high performance yet simplified plasma cleaners for Electron and Ion Beam Instruments such as SEMs, TEMs, and FIBs. The E50 delivers high power cleaning for superior resolution and imaging plus improved detector and probe sensitivity that are compromised by contamination.
The compact design of the Evactron E50 Plasma Radical Source makes it a versatile solution for either SEM/FIB chambers, load locks, or sample prep chambers. The Evactron E50 Plasma Cleaners offer fast, effective, and powerful cleaning over a wide range of pressures enabling high quality, artifact free images and increased efficiency of sample analysis. The compact design of the Evactron E-Series Plasma Radical Source makes it a versatile solution for either SEM/FIB chambers, load locks, or sample prep chambers. The Evactron E-Series Plasma Cleaners offer fast, effective, and gentle cleaning over a wide range of pressures enabling high quality, artifact free images and increased efficiency of sample analysis.
The Evactron E50 Plasma De-Contaminator was designed to remove hydrocarbon contamination from high vacuum chambers such as SEMs and FIBs. Its compact design fits most models of SEM and FIB chambers and loadlocks and comes in vertical and horizontal configurations.
- Desktop controller with pushbutton operation
- Android tablet/Bluetooth communication package
- Hardware interlock
- Chassis dimensions: W×H×D: 17”×3.4”×6.7”(43×8.6×17 cm)
- RF Power: 20 – 75 Watts at 13.56 MHz RFHC
- 100–240 VAC 50/60 Hz input
- RoHS Compliant
Evactron® EP De-Contaminator
The Evactron EP model was designed for those in the physics and materials science communities building and using custom-designed vacuum systems. The EP offers highest cleaning rates at low pressures. It uses flowing afterglow cleaning with air to clean carbon compounds from vacuum chambers operating with turbo molecular pumps, and has instant ignition from any vacuum level. The Evactron EP model is designed for manual control with front plasma cleaning switch and LED status lighters. It is set up with fixed operating conditions, time and power.
Energy efficient hollow cathode plasma
Flow through gas supply
Plasma Radical Source design maximizes delivery of radicals to chamber
“Pop” ignition of the plasma works at all pressures below 100Pa or 750 mTorr
Low pressure operation @1-3 Pa for long lived radicals and the fast cleaning rates
Can start and operate at turbo molecular pump compatible pressures
Fixed match provides maximum plasma power transfer
The best cleaning conditions are preset
Evactron® CombiClean™ System
The Evactron® CombiClean™System combines onboard vacuum cleaning chamber and external PRS (Plasma Radical Source) control in one unified system. Designed as a complete cleaning solution, the Evactron CombiClean System features an integrated vacuum chamber for desktop cleaning samples and vacuum parts, as well as an external Plasma Radical Source (PRS) for Evactron in-situ cleaning of E-beam instruments such as SEMs, Focus Ion Beams FIBs, and other analytic instruments by removing carbon contamination. The system monitors operation of either PRS unit, has internal memory, and is designed for routine operation with minimal operator training. Onboard control allows for changing the cleaning modes between external and internal PRS with just the flip of a switch. This system is compatible with rotary vane pumps without the worry of oil backstreaming. A dry nitrogen purge feature keeps specimens clean after a plasma cleaning, and a storage mode allows you to continue dry nitrogen purging a sample while the external PRS is in use.
The system features a microprocessor with embedded software to regulate a leak valve and control the chamber pressure by a MicroPirani gauge. The microprocessor also regulates the RF power, has a clock to time the downstream plasma cleaning and nitrogen purging cycles, and records the operational and fault log. Cleaning with the Evactron CombiClean System may be setup from either the front panel or a remote computer.
• VentDetect™ Technology
• Compatible with rotary vane pumps without the worry of oil backstreaming
• Dry Nitrogen purge feature keeps specimens clean after plasma cleaning
• Storage mode allows continued dry nitrogen purging of samples while external PRS is in use
• System monitors operation of either PRS unit
• Onboard control allows for cleaning modes between internal and external PRS with just the 0ip of a switch
• Wide Pressure Range
The Evactron® CombiClean™ System also comes with a free 5-year warranty (must return to factory for repair).
Evactron® 25Zephyr™ De-Contaminator
This easy to use tabletop model easily removes atmospheric hydrocarbons and carbon contamination from SEMs, FIBs, and other vacuum chambers. The Evactron® 25Zephyr De-Contaminator uses a remote RF plasma to produce gas-phase radicals that flow downstream through the chamber eliminating contamination. The Evactron® 25Zephyr is created for chambers that use turbo molecular pumps (TMPs). The 25Z is designed to clean/de-contaminate in the turbo pressure regime at 1-50 mTorr and has no adverse effects on the TMP temperatures. The Evactron Model 45 De-Contaminator can also be upgraded to the Zephyr cleaning.
• Clean chambers at turbo pump pressures
• 5-20 Watts RF power
• ≥10x improved cleaning rate
• One button operation
• 1-50 mTorr operating pressure
• No stress to the turbo molecular pump
• Safely de-contaminates the chamber without damage to sensitive components
• Shorter cleaning time, giving increased production with less system down time
• Cleans chamber while in “pump down”
• Increased mean free path, yet ion damage free
The Evactron® 25 Zephyr De-Contaminator also comes with a free 5-year warranty (must return to factory for repair).
Evactron® SoftClean™ ChamberElectron microscope image quality is greatly improved by the removal of hydrocarbon (H/C) contamination from microscope chambers and from specimen mounts, specimen holders...
Electron microscope image quality is greatly improved by the removal of hydrocarbon (H/C) contamination from microscope chambers and from specimen mounts, specimen holders, and the specimens themselves. XEI Scientific developed the Evactron De-Contaminator to clean microscope chambers of their residual H/C contamination. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber extends the ability to pre-clean specimens, specimen mounts, and holders with the proven downstream plasma ashing process before examination in the chamber, thus insuring high image quality. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber can also be used as a specimen storage system, keeping samples in a clean environment. The downstream plasma process used in the Evactron SoftClean Chamber is gentle, yet very effective at removing H/C contamination. Sputter etching by other plasma cleaners can damage specimens through exposure to energetic ions and heat. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber uses reactive gas radicals to remove H/C from specimen surfaces by chemical etch, preserving critical sample fine structure. This downstream etching process breaks down problematic H/C residues into smaller molecules such as CO2, H2O and CO, which are easily pumped out of the chamber.
• Benchtop Plasma Cleaning
• Chamber dimensions 8.5” (216 mm) diameter x 5 .5” (140 mm) height
• 4 KF 40 and 1 KF 16 vacuum mounting flanges with manual shut-off valve for vacuum port
• Adaptor flanges for all major manufacturers of TEM sample holders available
• 1 venting port and a Plated Aluminum lid with 5.5″ diameter glass viewing port
• Just use air for oxygen radicals, or use other gases for alternative plasma processes
• Shipping — 12 lb (6 kg)
Each model of the Evactron® SoftClean™ Chamber also comes with a free 5-year warranty (must return to factory for repair).